Membership in Great Lakes Randonneurs is always an option. Everyone who rides one of our brevets is considered a member for that day and all are welcome. A $5 per year membership helps offset costs such as this website, food at rides, printing costs, gas, etc.
Membership also offers the following benefits:
- You will have access to Premium Club Features of RideWithGPS. These include offline maps for your phone and cue sheets in PDF format for all of our club routes.
- You will be able to submit your stories and pictures to the club blog
- You will be able to see who else is signed up for rides
- When you register for events, our site will pre-populate all your information making it easy to register
- You will automatically be subscribed to our quarterly newslettter
Should you wish to be a full member, click the button below.
If you consider our club to be your home base, we would appreciate you declaring GLR as your home club on the RUSA site when you renew or you may change it here:
The sport of randonneuring can be competitive, but the spirit is one of cooperation. Members should help each other where possible and be cordial to everyone they meet during the ride.
There are always opportunities to volunteer and none of these rides would ever happen without the dedication of many people. There are many opportunities to volunteer for the club. Examples are:
- Working to add content and maintain the website
- Providing and managing club photos
- Helping at the ride start to register people and perform bike checks
- Helping moderate our forum
- Pre-ride or pre-drive routes
- Create new routes
- FUTURE 2017 and beyond: Lead a GLR Ride yourself!
If you are interested in doing any of these or have ideas about other ways to make our club better contact the RBA.